Monday, January 24, 2011

On a deeper note



I tend to believe that God will use whatever we have in our lives, to speak into our lives.  Sometimes we give him more opportunities than others.  The last few weeks I am out of control- I  listen to Caedmon's Call everyday, so God is just using it to remind me who I am in Him. 
I could pick a lot of their songs that hit home for me but this one seemed right today. One of my favs anyway, but lately I just really feel like it is a prayer.

"So keep on coming with these lines on the road,
Keep me responsible be it a light or heavy load
Keep me guessin' at these blessings in disguise
Cause I walk with grace my feet and faith my eyes."

And also the line-
"But I get turned around
I mistake my happiness for blessing
I'm blessed as the poor
But still I just success by how I'm dressing"


I could interpret and analyze cause that's how I role, but I will let you listen a few times and do that yourself- for yourself.

Eph. 2:4-9 ish
"Because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive in Christ even when  we were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you have been saved....For it is by grace you have been saved through faith- and this not of yourselves but the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast."

So glad my defining of "success" is not my Father's.  I am better than "good enough",  I shouldn't worry about what others think, or if I think I am "enough".  Christ is my security.  For some reason I find this a difficult truth to hold onto.

1 comment:

mummstheword said...

So true. I think it's especially cool that the lyrics are: "...I walk with GRACE my feet and faith my eyes." As you know we named our daughter Hannah Grace, and that's your name too, so I think it must be sort of a "theme" lately.