Thursday, February 11, 2010

10 years....

I am listening to Pandora.  Pandora.com- it is the bomb- right now I am listening to songs that remind me of high school- woot woot class of 2000!  Ok that makes me sound like I have a lot more school spirit than I do.  Speaking of high school though I am on the planning committee for our 10 year class reunion. (AHH are we that old??) 
I find this funny- I really wasn't an involved student or anything so I don't know why I was asked but I thought it could be fun.  So we met last night at this little coffee shop, the  "Metro".  Pretty much everyone there was on student council and played multiple sports and was probably just "cooler" than me.  Not really sure what that means now but it was more clearly defined in high school.  So with this little event brought some thoughts.

1.  I am happy with my life.  It isn't half as dramatic or exciting as it was in high school, but I am really glad.

2.  I wish I had been more involved in high school.  I want my babies to be involved.  I was really involved with Youth Group and I loved it- it was great for me but I wish I had been more brave and played tennis or done ski team- just tried.  I spent a lot of high school..maybe life..in a self fulfilled prophecy- I didn't do things I wasn't comfortable with for fear of failure, then I mourned the loss of opportunity later. Suck I really don't like this tendency within me-- rrrr...

3.  I was the only one there with a child.  Most of them were married but no kids.  We were talking about how people complain because there is nothing at these functions for kids- it always is just a lot of drinking.  Someone said, "Kids?  Who has kids??"  ah hem...that would be me-- the one with the squirmy little boy in her arms!  It was weird.  I felt a little like I was behind other people my age.  Like most have a few kids and are just more established.  I guess not.  So I started looking through my Facebook friends from high school.  As my Hubby said, "Wow you must just come from a class of playas!" Too True husband!

4.  I have regrets from high school but I also have a lot of great memories and had a lot of fun.  I am thankful for the people God brought into my life.


NATRONA COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL

Well it was educational and enlightening and I am helping with the Saturday picnic in the park.  Just to let you all know.

Ending this post with a little Smashmouth and Goo Goo Dolls in my head...oh and Green Day

Peace Out

No comments: